Breaking News: Ebola Strikes again first occurrence in Congo

Ebola Strikes again first occurrence in Congo.png

Ebola Strikes again

Ebola Strikes again first occurrence in Congo. The Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo announced today that there is a new outbreak of Ebola virus disease in Congo

The deadly virus is confirmed to be occurring in Wangata health zone, Mbandaka, in Équateur province in Congo Republic

9jatalkative reports that The new outbreak of Ebola occurred in the west of the Democratic Republic of Congo killing four people, according to Health Minister Eteni Longondo.

According to Congo’s Heath Minister in a Text, The infections were identified in the western city of Mbandaka in Équateur province.

The Congo Heath Minister confirmed that Ebola Strikes again in Congo Republic, he said;

“There are already four deaths and four suspected cases” who are still alive”

During the Ebola Outbreak in 2018, Équateur province alone in Congo had 54 cases and 33 deaths, according to the World Health Organization

This means that having the second-largest Ebola epidemic in history in the eastern part of the country, where more than 2,260 people have died despite the use of two new vaccines

Breaking News: Ebola Strikes again first occurrence in Congo

The World Health Organization Regional Director for Africa in a Statement said:

“It’s happening at a challenging time, but WHO has worked over the last two years with health authorities, Africa CDC and other partners to strengthen national capacity to respond to outbreaks,”

“To reinforce local leadership, WHO plans to send a team to support scaling up the response. Given the proximity of this new outbreak to busy transport routes and vulnerable neighbouring countries we must act quickly.”

World Health Organization is already on the ground in Mbandaka supporting the response to this outbreak, as part of capacity built during the 2018 outbreak.

The team supported the collection and testing of samples, and reference to the national laboratory for confirmation.

Contact tracing is underway. Work is ongoing to send additional supplies from North Kivu and from Kinshasa to support the government-led response.

A further 25 people are expected to arrive in Mbandaka tomorrow in order to check the outbreak of the virus in the country

They are also working to ensure that essential health services are provided to communities despite these emergency events.

The country is also fighting a rising number of cases of Covid-19, with 3,195 known infections and 72 deaths through May 31, 2020

This is according to the agency handling the coronavirus response. No Covid-19 cases have been found in Équateur province so far.

The news “Ebola Strikes again first occurrence in Congo” as confirmed by Bloomberg is brought to you by 9jatalkative

9jatalkative will continue to bring you more breaking news as they break all over the country and the world at large

Always check out our homepage for more latest and trending news and don’t forget to follow us on social media

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here