in

Governor El-Rufai reacts to NBA invitation withdrawal

Governor El-Rufai reacts to NBA invitation withdrawal

Governor El-Rufai reacts to NBA invitation withdrawal

Breaking news today is that Governor El-Rufai reacts to NBA invitation withdrawal which has stirred up controversy all over social media

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has reacted to the decision of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), to withdraw an invitation previously extended to him to speak at its annual general meeting this year.

According to the Kaduna state governor, he said he did not seek the Nigerian Bar Association’s platform which has been on the headlines just recently

This was confirmed in a statement released on Thursday August 20, 2020 by his spokesperson, Muyiwa Adekeye, Governor el-Rufai described the withdrawal of his invitation as an absence of fair hearing, unfairness and total disregard for the Rule of Law.

He said:

“While the decision about who speaks at its event is clearly the NBA’s, Malam El-Rufai wishes to make clear that he did not seek the platform and is not agitated that he has one less speaking engagement”

However, the circumstances of the last few days warrant some comments.

That a professional organisation has elected to endorse a one-sided narrative on a profound national issue is something that its members may wish to reflect upon.

For an association, whose bread and butter is about justice, to make a ruling based on the stridency of people who lampoon judicial processes against certain individuals without hearing the other side is odd.

It bears noting that in its response to pressure, the NBA leadership has signalled an unfortunate embrace of injustice, unfairness, absence of fair hearing and total disregard for the rule of law.”

This update that Governor El-Rufai reacts to NBA invitation withdrawal is brought to you by the 9jatalkative News

More updates are coming up soon and don’t forget to follow us on social media media

Written by 9jatalkative

9jatalkative is a news and entertainment blog that keeps you updated on all latest news and celebrity trends as well as music and movies!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Npower News For Saturday 22 August 2020

Latest Npower News For Saturday 22 August 2020

COVID-19 could last less than 2 years says WHO

COVID-19 could last less than 2 years says WHO