Lekki killings: Military opens up a little again
Lekki killings: Military opens up a little again.
Ahmed Taiwo, Commander of the 81 Division, Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, has opened up a little again by disclosing to the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry into the Lekki Tollgate incident that the army went to the tollgate
“with both blank and live ammunition”.
The official also fell short of saying his men fired live shots at Nigerians on their way “to clear the Lekki, Eti-Osa corridor”.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the brigadier general made the revelation while being cross-examined by lawyers to the #EndSARS protesters, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika and Adeshina Ogunlana.
Under cross-examination by Mr Olumide-Fusika, Mr Taiwo said
“The he there were men and materials from the Army at the Lekki Tollgate in the evening of Oct. 20”.
The army, in an earlier submission, said it went to the tollgate with blanks.
“We had men and materials – vehicles and rifles for shooting. A portion of the force were carrying live bullets in case they are attacked.
Another portion will carry magazines charged with blank ammunition,” he now said.
While being cross-examined by Mr Ogunlana, Mr Taiwo said the military acted within the army’s rules of engagement in keeping up with professionalism.
“The soldiers will be using both live and blank bullets and in this particular case, we saw that this protest had been infiltrated by hoodlums.
Recently Brigadier general Taiwo made it clear that he was unaware that the Nigerian Army Headquarters called the events that took place at Lekki Toll Gate was “FAKE NEWS” ON TWITTER.
There has been series of investigation on going presently and more truths are yet to be revealed sooner or later.
This update that Lekki killings: Military opens up a little again is brought to you by 9jatalkative News and Entertainment Blog.
Stay safe for more updates remember to follow us on our social media.