Marcus Rashford named world’s most valuable player
23-year-old Marcus Rashford has been named worlds most valuable player according to CIES Football Observatory who estimated transfer value of players across Europe’s big five leagues and found Marcus Rashford worth an eye-watering £149.8 million in today’s market despite the pandemic.
The survey which takes into account recent player performances as well as their age, contract situation and career progression plus their club’s wealth and success.
Paris Saint-Germain and France superstar, Kylian Mbappe fell to fifth place on the list as he enters the last 18 months of his contract. With a value of £135m now, below Rashford, Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland (£137.3m), Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold (£137m), and United attacking midfielder Bruno Fernandes (£135.1m).
Lionel Messi, who is into his final six months at Barcelona, ranked 97th with an estimated value of €54m, while arch-rival, Cristiano Ronaldo, valued at €47m, took 131st spot.
Checkout the list of most valuable players in the world;
Below are the 20 most valuable players in 2021
- Marcus Rashford, Manchester United – €165.6m
- Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund – €152.0m
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool – €151.6m
- Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United – €151.1m
- Kylian Mbappe, Paris saint-Germain – €149.4m
- Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund – €148.3m
- Joao Felix, Atletico Madrid – €141.5m
- Alphonso Davies, Bayern Munich – €139.2m
- Raheem Sterling, Manchester City – €136.9m
- Kai Havertz, Chelsea – €136.0m
- Timo Werner, Chelsea – €135.1m
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool – €134.0m
- Ruben Dias, Manchester City – €126.8m
- Sadio Mane, Liverpool – €123.8m
- Bukayo Saka, Arsenal – €116.2m
- Achraf Hakimi, Inter Milan – €113.7m
- Mason Mount, Chelsea – €109.3m
- Ansu Fati, Barcelona – €108.4m
- Harry Kane, Tottenham – €107.0m
- Frenkie De Jong, Barcelona – €105.7m
This update Marcus Rashford named world’s most valuable player was brought to you by 9jatalkative