Npower beneficiaries announce August 2020 protest date
Are you aware that July Stipends have not been paid? Click here to see details as Npower beneficiaries announce August 2020 protest date against Buhari government
The beneficiaries has announced a date in August 2020 for NPower Mega Protest in Abuja against NPower leadership and President Muhammadu Buhari’s Government.
9jatalkative News reports that the transitioned NPower Beneficiaries of 2019 batch A and B have scheduled Wednesday 26th August 2020 for mega protest.
This information on the NPower Mega Protest is confirmed from a statement jointly signed by Joseph Maigari and five others on behalf of the National Coordinator, Comrade Pele.
According to the statement, NPower protesters are expected to be on the ground on or before 9:45 am at the meeting point which is in front of Federal Secretariat Abuja before matching to ASO VILLA where they are envisaged to meet President Buhari.
The statement also added that the ongoing payment for the month of June is for media show and not adequate enough for the NPower beneficiaries
According to the statement it is also a distraction to Npower volunteers who are about to be disengaged as many beneficiaries representing 60% to 70% are yet to receive the payment.
Recall that, the Minister in charge of the program, Hon. Saidya Umar Farouq has on 30th June 2020 announced the exit of the batch A from the program and that of batch B to join a month later, developments which have ignited the beneficiaries to express their dissatisfaction demanding for permanent jobs or better exit packages.
Recall that an NPower beneficiary, Mr Joseph Maigari and his colleagues gave the full details about what they titled “Ceaseless Protest” which will take place on the 26th
“Hello every one, here is all you need to know about the upcoming Mega protest in FCT, Abuja.
“CEASELESS PROTEST starting from Wednesday 26th of August, 2020.
VENUE: The meeting point is FRONT OF FEDERAL SECRETARIAT before going to ASO VILLA.
Npower beneficiaries announce August 2020 protest date and we have shared some of the complaints as shown below
Here are some INSCRIPTIONS OF WRITE-UPS you can write on your CARDBOARD PAPERS, HAND BILLS or POSTERS For NPower Mega Protest set to take place this August 2020
- All we want is absorption or good exit package (1Million Naira grant)
- Your Permanency is tied to your PVC by Afolabi during 2019 presidential polls.
- You are not going back to the street by Prof. Osinbajo by Sadiya Umar came on board
- Where is the device you promised us?
- Where is the enhancement scheme you promised us?
- We are patriotic citizens and so we deserve the best
- We are trained and ready to serve our father’s land
- We have done our part…pls fulfil your promise
- Nigerian youths deserve the best
- We have family members who depend on us
- The classes will be empty without us
- We are the future leaders
- Health care providers need our services
- Some volunteers have not been paid for five (5) months
- We are young, strong and competent….we are not lazy
- We are off age (35)
- We are Nigeria’s future
- Is this the right time for disengagement amidst COVID-19?
- Npowerites weep
- Youth cries out for help!”. The statement further enjoined participants to “Please, come out in their numbers and get this done once and for all, as they expressed hope that they shall succeed in their struggle.
Npower beneficiaries announce August 2020 protest date – full details above!
This update that Npower beneficiaries announce August 2020 protest date is brought to you by 9jatalkative News
More updates are coming up soon and don’t forget to follow us on social media