Prince William and Prince Harry have said an “offensive and potentially harmful” newspaper report published about their relationship today is false.
The Reuters and Press Association news agencies have linked the statement to a report in The Times, citing an unnamed source, which claimed Harry and Meghan had been pushed away by the “bullying attitude” of William.
The report added the Duke of Cambridge had not been welcoming to Meghan as Prince Harry and Prince William debunk rumours.
Spokespeople for the Duke of Sussex and Duke of Cambridge said: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge.
“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful.”
It is understood that Meghan, who is in Canada with baby Archie, may join the meeting by telephone.
There are expected to be a range of possibilities for the family to review following a series of meetings and consultations over the last few days.
These will take into account the thinking outlined by the Sussexes on Wednesday when they announced their intentions to “carve out a progressive new role within the institution”.
Despite the complexity of the talks, a palace source has told Sky News that it continues to be the Queen’s request and wish that the discussions about solutions happen at pace and are worked out within days and not weeks.
Meetings between senior members of the family may take place behind closed doors, but this is the first time in recent years that the media has been openly briefed about one happening.
More updates coming soon.